SHUT OFF YOUR UTILITIES
ELECTRIC, CONSUMERS ENERGY||1-800-477-5050|
|GAS, MICHCON/ DTE||1-800-477-4747|
|CABLE, CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS||1-800-545-0994
Please place your door key, mail key, parking sticker and a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope in a sealed envelope with your name and apartment number on it. Please remember that even if you are doing summer storage, all keys must be turned it at the end of your current lease.
Please take all of the above items to your Leasing Office. United Apartments Main Office is
located at 4175 E. Bluegrass Road. (next to Target) If you return the items when our office is
closed, please put all of the above items in one sealed envelope in the drop box located to the left of the entrance door.
- Failure to return your parking pass will result in a $100.00 charge
- There will be a $60.00 charge for a lock change if ALL apartment key(s) are not returned.
- There will be a $25.00 charge for a lock change if the mail key is not returned.
- There will be a $100.00 charge for driving and/or parking on the lawns during move-out.
SECURITY DEPOSITS WILL BE MAILED TO YOU WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE TIME THE LAST KEY TO THE APARTMENT IS TURNED IN, PROVIDED YOU HAVE LEFT A SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE.
REQUIRED CLEAN-UP LIST
The main reason for a security deposit is to assure that a resident takes reasonable care in his or her use of a rental property. Reasonable care means that the property should be returned to the owner in the same condition as it was when originally rented. This assumes that the resident will need to spend some time and effort in cleaning the property prior to vacating so the owner can re-rent it quickly. The owner much prefers returning your security deposit for your efforts.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO:
*NOTE: YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE REMOVAL OF ANY FURNITURE OR BELONGINGS THAT ARE LEFT IN THE APARTMENT OR BESIDE THE DUMPSTERS.
- Clean walls.
- Clean kitchen range including all burners, drip pans, and under the trays.
- Clean refrigerator, turn off and prop doors open.
- Remove all of your belongings - coat hangers, bottles, shower curtains, rugs, etc.
- Return all furniture to the appropriate room and placement if your apartment came "furnished".
- Clean the bathroom thoroughly. This includes the tub tile and walls, toilet, medicine cabinet,
cabinets under the sink, walls, and floors.
*PLEASE TAKE ANYTHING YOU CAN NO LONGER USE OR DON'T WANT TO THE GOODWILL LOCATED BEHIND WALGREEN'S DRUG STORE - 773-4884. CALL AHEAD FOR DROP-OFF HOURS
CLEANING TIPS & HINTS
- DO NOT leave anything in the apartment or give anyone else permission to store their things there.
- DO NOT leave any windows open - you will be charged $20 per window if they are left open.
- All residents are responsible for the common areas (hallways). Any charges that have accrued
during the year will be deducted from security deposits if necessary.
STOVE / RANGE:
- Spray the oven and rims around the burners the night before you clean it. This way most of the grease will wipe
right off and it will require very little scrubbing. Easy Off is a very good oven cleaner.
- Fantastic is a very good all-purpose cleaner for the greasy sides and top.
**PLEASE TURN OFF REFRIGERATOR AND LEAVE DOORS OPEN AFTER CLEANING** THE REFRIGERATOR CAN BE DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR IF LEFT "OFF" AND "CLOSED"
- Wipe out with bleach and water. Fantastic will work very well on the outside.
There will be a $60.00 charge for any refrigerator left off and closed. If food is left in the refrigerator and it is closed and off, the resident runs the risk of being charged for a replacement refrigerator.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO KEEP THE DOORS PROPPED OPEN!
- Bleach and water is very good for wiping out the insides.
- Fantastic seems to be the best cleaner for the outside of the doors.
do not use any abrasive cleansers on any of the bathroom tubs or sinks.
- The Works seems to clean the shower walls well. Please keep this off the metal fixtures. If there is a build-up of soap scum and film, you will have to scrub. Be careful on the plastic tubs and showers and do not use Cleanser - it will scratch the plastic tubs. Use The Works on the tough rust spots in the toilet and the "drip mark" on the tubs.
- Pine-sol works very well on most of the kitchen and bathroom floors. Please mop the kitchen and bathroom floors.
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING UNITED APARTMENTS!
**Need to change your address? Do it online at www.usps.com